Once more. Here we are.
Issue #1 is rising in the oven as we speak. Thanks again to everyone who has contributed. Things are really looking delightful. Specific details as to where and how to pick up a copy will be forthcoming at the speed of progress. Not long now.
The time has come, though, for thoughts to turn to Issue #2. We want your stories and your stuff. Without you, Wufniks is just a fancy font and a saggy blog.
What we absolutely want:
1) Short stories. Up to 2,500 words. About anything. Can be your latest gems or old neglected .doc files sitting in Your Documents. As long as you want someone to read it, we want it.
Stories for this section should be:
- set in the future
- written in the future tense
- written in the second-person
3) Miscellany. This issue we’d like you to try to give us something that looks like this:
- Write a Personal ad that would tickle your boniest bone. Keep it short.
eg. High-ranking Koopa Troopa WLTM same for fun and walking back-and-forth from pipe to pipe. Must live in Level 3 and like Tom Jones. Box 404.
- Write a biography of a fictional character. It must be exactly 100 words long.
For example, you could choose Mr. Miyagi, the Jack of Spades, the blond guy from Double Dragon, the trombonist from the Lurpak adverts, or anyone else we might have heard of. (Even if we haven’t we can look them up.)
Of course, anything you send us will be received with salivating mouths. So don’t be put off if none of these tickle your proverbial gherkin.
email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
deadline: 29th February 2008
Once again, we can’t pay you. We’re sorry. We’re cold. We’re running low on Oxo cubes as it is. We hear they have army shirts where you can boil the buttons to make broth. Maybe we could get one of those.
As per ever, we’re looking forward to reading your submissions,
Have some fun writing them.
All the Wufniks,